Embed an iPhone simulator on your website
Why embed a smartphone emulator?
- Showcase your mobile designs on your portfolio website
- Use as part of a marketing campaign to prospective clients
- Make presentations to clients using your own company's domain
- Be able to debug your mobile sites using Firebug or Chromebug
The Transmog simulator can accurately render mobile websites within a desktop browser. This includes making requests with an iPhone user agent and handling viewport meta tags.
How do I use this for marketing?
It is possible to dynamically load a mobile website into the simulator through the page URL. This could be part of a targeted email campaign that links potential clients to a simulation of their website in a mobile device.
How do I add the simulator to my site?
It takes less than a minute to install and configure. It's as simple as copy and paste.
What configuration options are there?
- skin - The options are currently iphone3 or iphone4.
- display_url - The options are true or false to show or hide the URL field that allows your visitors to browse other mobile pages.
- background_color - The background color to the iframe window.
- text_color - Text in the iframe will appear in this color.
- scrollbar_color - The handle of the scroll bar will appear in this color.
- branding - Remove the link to transmog.net.
Please refer to the set up instructions for more information.
Sign up today and enjoy a free trial - try before you buy.
See an example of the simulator in action on these customer websites.