Transmog Version 0.1
Some notes to help you develop mobile content using Transmog.
- For best results, use a webkit browser (i.e. Safari or Google Chrome).
- Page requests are sent with an iPhone user agent (see below) to help test your mobile browser detection process.
- The localhost browsing option exists to view sites served from your local computer.
- The onorientationchange event is triggered if a handler is specified in the body tag as per documentation: Handling Orientation Events
- Apple-specific meta tags (including viewport) are supported as per Safari Webkit library.
- Touchscreen scrolling is simulated with left-click and drag. Update: only available with older version.
- Pinch and zoom is simulated with magnify buttons. [Update: only available with older version.] Non-mobile websites with no viewport meta tags are rendered full width with zoom capability as an imitation of Mobile Safari.
- The Mobile Safari back button is enabled.
While the script is routinely reviewed to provide better fidelity, please understand that this website offers a simulation service only and results may be unreliable for complicated web projects.
The Transmog identifies itself to your page with the following user agent:
- Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5